"I wanna give (him) the world, hold (his) hand. I wanna be (his) momma just as long as I can. And live every moment until that day comes. I want to show (him) what it means to be loved."--What it means to be loved-song by Mark Schultz


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

December 31st-God Provides


It amazes me how God is intersecting our daily lives and providing His encouragement the past few days.  Emails, calls, dinners, coffee breaks, cards, and laughter…He again continues to provide again and again.  We speak with our bereavement nurse Ann, head of Baby Hospice team.  She takes time out of her day to talk with us and let us know how she will be there at each step.  We find out our church is offering a support grief group—ironically being offered by one of the first couples Baby Hospice in Des Moines worked with.  A Missions newsletter comes in the mail, it spotlights suffering.  One new and special way is through a very special website: www.emily jeanstory.blogspot.com.  This family has been down the very journey we are experiencing.  Their words and story brings a very special peace.  I contact the family thanking them for their honesty—they are able to articulate the very emotions I cannot.  I do not expect a response back-but God is full of surprises.

I find out this very family—out of thousands of websites- has already heard of our story and is already praying for us.  Turns out, Baby Emily’s aunt was previous roommates with Benaiah’s aunt!  Tears flow as I realize that God is providing the very support we need to keep going and keep the faith. 


No comments:

Post a Comment