The weather is bitter cold—negative and freezing wind chills. It’s times like these I wonder why I live in this state. Brad tells me it makes me appreciate spring and summer all the more.....true…although I wish it were summer all the time but that is not how it’s meant to be. I am grateful God does not take us from 50’s to -20’s in a day—it’s a gradual release. This is similar to my grief. God is slowly releasing it a little at a time….helping me acclimate as I go. To be honest, I’m not responding at ALL in the way I thought I would. I am okay—I realize much of this is the “numbness” stage of grief- but to God be the glory….It is HE that is carrying me. It is he that helps me get through the day. Never will I leave you or forsake you. I felt as if he was reminding me this morning—I go before you, I am with you. So here we are walking in our winter—it’s hard, it’s uncomfortable, it’s not pleasant, we want to skip over all of it, but a spring is coming….For this too shall pass.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment